Power meets passion
Whether you run on gas or petrol, the FG X Falcon innovative range of engines delivers the power of a tough workhorse with smooth car-like handling.
Offering better performance and fuel efficiency than the 6-cylinder petrol engine, the EcoLPi outputs an impressive 198kW of power and 409Nm of torque - which means you don’t need to compromise on power to save on fuel.
4.0L I6 PETROL
Big engine, small fuel costs. The 4.0L I6 engine is a fuel-efficient workhorse. With 195kW6 of power and 391Nm6 of torque, you won’t be caught short of grunt when you need it.
4.0L I6 TURBO
More adrenalin than ever. Then there’s the adrenalin inducing 4.0L i6 Turbo, with turbocharger and air induction system, giving you 270kW6 of power and a whopping 533Nm6 of torque. It’s exhilaration on wheels.
Tough, powerful and always ready to work, the FG X Falcon Ute has the brute strength and power to tackle just about any job going. The Falcon Ute range offers payloads of up to 1 tonne7and towing capacities of up to 2,300kg8, all while maintaining the dynamic handling and car-like comfort you’d expect from a sedan.
Super smart 6-speed transmission
Employing advanced mechatronic units that deliver precise control over all 6 gears, the 6-speed automatic transmission ensures smooth delivery of power and torque for a thoroughly fun drive across the range. By pre-selecting your next gear it ensures you don't lose power between gear changes, so you drive more efficiently as well more enjoyably.
Smarter inside and out
The FG X Falcon is the most technologically advanced and intuitive Falcon ever made. With state of the art connectivity features, an innovative colour touch screen and cleverly laid out command controls, you’ve got everything you need to control comfort, climate and communications.
The inclusion of SYNC™ 2 makes the innovative Human Machine interface (HMI) more intuitive than ever before. It incorporates voice control into the Interior Command Centre (ICC) and 8” colour touch screen, the multi-function display, and controls mounted on the steering wheel. Driving information and audio controls are easily viewable and accessible ensuringyour eyes spend more time on the road than off it.
The easy-to-read multi-function display allows you to check everything at a glance, from speed and journey distance, to temperature, vehicle warnings and more.
2 USB PORTS
With USB integration standard across the range, playing your favourite MP3 music files has never been easier. Just insert your USB sticks into the USB ports found in the centre console to control and play all of your MP3 music files.
IPOD 9 INTEGRATION
Got your favourite driving tunes? With iPod integration, you can play and control your favourite tracks through the vehicle’s audio system, it couldn’t be easier.
BLUETOOTH ® 10
No longer does being connected mean having to plug in cords. Negotiating a deal, making an appointment, with Bluetooth ® mobile phone integration you can make the most of hands-free communication while you drive. Which is not only safer, it’s a whole lot easier.
SATELLITE NAVIGATION INCLUDING VOICE CONTROL
The already useful satellite navigation system, that uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) and an internal gyroscope to guide the user to their selected destination, gets even better with SYNC™ 2. Using voice control you can tell SYNC™ 2 where you need to go and it will direct you there. You’ll also have keyword search, Suna Traffic Message Channel (TMC)11, easy-to-read colour maps to get where you need to be quickly and efficiently.
Bluetooth® mobile phone integration
No longer does being connected mean having to plug in cords. Negotiating a deal, making an appointment, with Bluetooth®10 mobile phone integration you can make the most of hands-free communication while you drive. Which is not only safer, it’s a whole lot easier.
Driver fatigue warning
Need to drive hours to get to the worksite or the surfing spot? This feature tackles one of the largest hazards of road safety – driver fatigue. It sounds a warning to drivers to rest after prolonged periods of continuous driving.
Dual-zone climate control12
No two people are the same. Take a driver and passenger. One may want a warm and cosy environment, the other cool and crisp. That’s where dual-zone climate control comes in. It allows driver and passenger to set and maintain their own preferred temperature for the trip. So everyone’s happy.
Safety is paramount
Falcon has always delivered a high safety standard and the FG X Falcon Ute continues this tradition. With side head/thorax airbags, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) standard across the range, it’s little wonder its achieved Australia’s highest safety rating. Hand in hand with this comes exceptional handling capabilities, all designed to keep you and your family safer than ever before.
Intelligent design enhancements make this rugged workhorse more than just a pretty face. Increased comfort and smart technology and clever use of space, like storage space behind the back seats, make the Falcon Ute an efficient and effective place from which to run your business and your life outside of work.
A tray designed for you
Built for heavy payloads and with serious towing power, the FG X Falcon Ute means business. Versatile and flexible,Ford offers you a Cab Chassis with the choice of factory or custom fit – depending on your work application. With its low stance, full body styling kit and sports bar, the Falcon XR Ute Styleside Box offers sporty sleek lines and commanding road presence. Plus a tough, fully integrated bedliner to protect your work equipment from daily wear and tear.
Carrying power, car comfort
The FG X Falcon Ute has the brute strength and power to get the job done. The range offers payloads of up to 1 tonne7 and towing capacities of up to huge 2,300kg8. Even when carrying heavy loads, the Falcon Ute maintains its dynamic handling and car-like comfort-meaning working conditions have never been better.
-  Price range is based on the recommended drive away prices for all models, engines and transmissions. The recommended drive away prices have been calculated based on the Manufacturer’s List Price, 12 months registration, 12 months compulsory third party insurance (CTP) with a premium insurance provider, an estimated Dealer delivery charge, stamp duty and other applicable statutory charges for the vehicle. The highest registration costs and statutory charges in Australia have been used. Statutory charges are current as at the month and year of this communication. The actual drive away prices may differ depending on selection of options, individual circumstances or choice of insurer. Final purchase prices will be at the discretion of the selling dealer.
-  Figures obtained from controlled tests using ADR 81/02 (combined). Actual fuel consumption and emissions depend on many factors including driving habits, prevailing conditions and your vehicle’s equipment, condition and use.
-  Every effort has been made to accurately depict vehicle colours on this site. Due to the differences in computer equipment some variations may occur. Colours are correct for vehicles produced from July 2014. Please consult your Authorised Ford Dealer to view the actual colours and confirm vehicle production date.
-  Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute shown with optional prestige paint.
-  EcoLPi engine available on non-Turbo models.
-  Power and torque figures measured using premium unleaded fuel (95 RON).
-  Standard on Falcon Ute base model Cab Chassis/ Style Side Box and on XR6 Cab Chassis.
-  Figures quoted are for braked trailers. Subject to State and Territory regulations. Towing capacity of vehicles with optional automatic transmission and when fitted with Genuine Ford heavy duty towpack including load levelling kit. Towball download and rear axle limits must not be exceeded. Please refer to your Ford Dealer for advice. Competitor towing data sourced from ebrochures and competitor’s official website as at Oct 1, 2014.
-  iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc.
-  *Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc., and is used under licence.
-  Traffic information is provided through an arrangement with Intelematics Australia Pty Ltd. Traffic information is based on data provided with the permission of one or more third parties. Should Ford’s arrangement with Intelematics Australia Pty Ltd cease for any reason, the ongoing provision of traffic information cannot be guaranteed.
-  Available as part of the optional XR6 and XR6 Turbo Luxury Packs.